Our today’s toolbox talk topic is office safety Tips.
Toolbox Talk – Office Safety Tips
PREPARATION: Have a look around the offices and make a note of hazardous items or conditions to illustrate your toolbox talk.
Top 12 Office Safety Tips:
- Offices are relatively safe to work areas but accidents and injuries still happen.
- Do not run in corridors, always WALK.
- Discuss types of accidents and injuries.
- Do not stand and talk in front of closed doors, you may be hit if it is opened from the other side. Discuss the dangers.
- Do not read & use mobile when walking.
- Replace the damaged power cables. all cables need to manage properly to avoid tripping hazards.
- Always close drawers and doors by using the handle, to avoid trapping your fingers.
- Do not put pencils, pens, scissors, etc in stands with the point uppermost.
- Do not make your own electrical repairs or connections – call an electrician.
- Don’t lean back in chairs on two legs.
- Remove all defected furniture e.g. missing casters, screws missing from areas of chairs.
- Make sure you know what to do in the event of a fire in the office (location of fire alarms, extinguishers, emergency exits, assembly points).