Unsafe Act and Unsafe Condition Accidents are caused either by an unsafe act or an unsafe condition or a combination of both. Accidents are rarely… Read More »Toolbox Talks – Unsafe Act and Unsafe Condition
Accident Investigation Procedure
Accident Investigation Aim:
All incidents are reported and investigated to find out root cause and to develop a action plan to prevent recurrence.
The purpose of the incident investigation and reporting system is lesson must be learned and appropriate corrective actions shall be taken to prevent its recurrence.
Thus the objective are,
- All incidents which have the potential to harm people, assets, environments or company image have been properly notified, reported and investigated.
- Corrective action shall be taken to prevent further recurrence.
- Lesson learned are literally communicated to all.
- Effectiveness of system can be audited and measured.
Incident investigation procedure:
- Proceed to incident scene immediately and initiate action to bring the incident under control.
- Writing board, measuring tape, camera, scale shall bring while coming for investigation.
- Advise the supervisor to barricade and secure the scene including protection it from weather.
- Ensure medical treatment for injured and if more serious send him to clinic.
- Time and weather conditions should be noted.
- Take action to ensure the safety of the other people at the same and to avoid any further escalation of the incident.
- Collect physical evidence, data records and take photo for report.
- Conduct initial interviews of key witness and collect witness statements.
- Check the activity in progress and equipment if involve.
- Work permit and other document should be collected.
- Position of personnel and equipment.