Toolbox Talks – Hand Safety
Our today’s Toolbox Talks topic is Hand Safety
- Always think about your hand safety & wear correct gloves.
- Injuries to hands and fingers are the most frequent type of injury.
- A small scratch or cut can become infected easily, which can lead to serious health problems.
- Even the smallest injury must be reported to your supervisor and proper first aid will be given.
- To prevent hand injuries, wear work gloves when handling equipment such as piping, slings, using sledgehammers, carrying heavy equipment, etc.
- Inspect materials to be handled for burrs, splinters, cracks, etc and avoid these hazards.
- Rubber gloves are available and must be worn when handling chemicals.
- Welders gloves are available and must be worn when welding or torch cutting.
- Also, inspect hand tools for safe condition and use hand tools in a safe manner.
- Take great care and ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GLOVES when striking anything (e.g. chisels) with a hammer.