Today our topic is Man Basket Safety & we will cover basic safety requirenments of manbasket.
Man Basket Safety – Basic Safety Requirements
- Third party certificate for man basket, slings, and master link should be available.
- Factor of safety for man basket and sling should be 7:1.
- Any man basket activity is considered as a critical and hence risk assessment shall be done prior to job.
- Load test shall be done by putting sand bag/related capacity load before sending of personnel every time.
- Angle of wire rope sling to basket should be more than 45^ (because if angle is less, sling of the basket will be subjected to maximum stress)
- Two tag lines shall be used to control the swinging of man basket.
- Life line shall be installed above the crane hook.
- Inspection of all PPE before use.
- Approved fall protection equipment should be wear.